|Which Came First?|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 30, 2004|
|Paired with||Substitute Teacher|
Here Thar Be Dwarves!
Which Came First? is the 16th episode from season 3 of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
While going to a school excursion, Billy and Mandy's schoolbus breaks down in the middle of a desert. They, later, eventually learn that mutant chickens created in an underground lab during the Cold War lurk around.
(Scene shows Billy, Mandy, and Grim digging in the hole until Mindy randomly shows up)
Mindy: Hey losers! I found a previously perserved T-Rex.
(Camera zooms out and shows the T-Rex's skeleton on the top of a bunch of giant rocks)
Mindy: What have YOU got?
Mandy: Just this...
(Mandy uses the shovel to throw a spider at Mindy's face and she starts screaming)
(Spider attacks Mindy's face)
Mandy: I'm bored...
(Mindy starts screaming while Billy, Grim and Mandy are just staring at her for no reason, then Mandy puts the shovel back)
Mandy: Let's go exploring.
(Billy [with a smile on his face], Grim and Mandy proceeds onward with their trip while Mindy is left on the ground still screaming)
(Camera flashes at Billy trying to get on top of another pile of rocks while he's breathing for air since the sun is hot)
Billy: I'm so thirsty...!
Grim: Go suck a cactus.
(While Billy is sleeping on the nest, the Baby Chicks pop out for their eggs while Billy looks surprised)
Billy: Awww. You guys are so cute!
(Baby Chicks are angry at Billy)
Billy: Aww! Turns those frowns upside down...
(Baby Chicks starts hissing at Billy and he becomes nervously scared)
Billy: Uhh... did someone wake up on the wrong side of the yolk??
(Baby Chicks start eating up Billy and he starts screaming until Grim, Mandy and the professor busts down the door)
Mandy: Allright you dumb clucks! There's a NEW packing order...
(Mandy uses Grim's scythe to kill all the Baby Chicks until it shows their skin and they use spider webs to escape)
Billy (sadly): Aww... we were having fun!
- Story by: Matt Sullivan, Vincent Waller
- Storyboard by: Vincent Waller
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Brian Sheesley
Which Came First?/Transcript
- Billy getting stunged by a centipede and he uses Ms. Butterbean's coconut bowl to dry it up with water then she stuffs his nose with ice cubes just to make him even more better
- Mandy throws a spider at Mindy and it attacks her face then she starts screaming while Billy, Grim and Mandy are just staring at her for no reason then they proceed onward with their trip after Mandy puts the shovel down
- The episode is a parody of Jurassic Park.
- The storyboard artist of this episode is Vincent Waller, the creative director of Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants
- Fourth Wall Break: Mandy stating that the "Writer's Convinience" will help to explain the mutant chickens, right before a professor conveniently shows up to fill them in on what's been going on.
- When Mandy says "I guess we know where our giant poultry came from", her lips weren't animated. This is because the original broadcasts cut the lower half of her face.
- Near the ending, Irwin appears both eating the fried chicken and wandering around with a chicken on his head.
|The image gallery for Which Came First? may be viewed here.|