|Son of Nergal|
|Series||Grim & Evil|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 25, 2003|
|Paired with||Who Killed Who?|
Who Killed Who?
Son of Nergal is the first segment of the eighth of Grim & Evil.
The other participants arrive later in a bus, and are forced to spend the weekend in a freezing barn where the bed sheets and pillows are frozen solid. Being from the Center of the Earth and all, Junior is not happy with the accommodations. He takes over the body of the strict, no-nonsense camp counselor and hides out in his cabin.
The next day Junior keeps taking on the forms of the other kids in order to be "popular". He covers their sleeping bodies in snow and goes unnoticed until Mandy smells a rat. Billy investigates, and as he finds the others, Junior confronts him. He asks to be Billy's best friend, but is rejected. Enraged, he ensnares Billy in his tentacles.
In the meantime, Mandy has put the pieces together and deduced that Junior is the son of Nergal. She uses his teddy bear Mr. Bonkers as leverage to make him let go of Billy. Ashamed and heartbroken, Junior bursts into tears. Billy forgives him and promises to be his friend, but accidentally insults him upon seeing his true form. Mandy returns home with Nergal Junior disguised as Billy.
- Story by: Gord Zajac
- Storyboard by: Paul McEvoy
- Directed by: Robert Alvarez
- This is the first appearance of Nergal Jr.
- The camp counselors name is based on the Whisky Jack Daniels and Jack Torrence from the book and movie, The Shining.
- It's possible that this episode is a parody of John Carpenter's The Thing, as both the episode and the movie share the same premise of a monstrous shape-shifting being that slowly assimilates in an isolated camp surrounded by a frozen landscape.
- When Sperg shows everyone his ice sculpture, Irwin's skin changes from brown to white.
- Strangely, after Sperg is covered in snow, most of the background characters just vanish.
|The image gallery for Son of Nergal may be viewed here.|
Who Killed Who?
|Grim & Evil Episodes||Next:|