|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||July 9, 2004|
|Paired with||Nursery Crimes|
Nigel Planter and the Chamber Pot of Secrets
My Peeps (stylized as My Pêêps) is the 11th episode from season 3 of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. Billy needs laser eye surgery. Unfortunately, he doesn't want it, so Grim tries to fix Billy's eyes himself.
When Billy ruins his eyes by playing too many video games and looking directly into the sun, Mandy and Grim suggest he see an ophthalmologist. When Billy refuses wearing glasses or having laser surgery, Grim uses his own scythe to zap his eyes. Although Billy has sharp and clean eyesight, he can also see glimpses of the future, specially horrific accidents that occur to his best friends. Grim zaps Billy's eyes multiple times to restore them to normal. Billy ends up with realistic-looking eyes.
- Story by: Matt Sullivan, Celia Wyss
- Storyboard by: Celia Wyss
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Juli Hashiguchi
- Mandy seems shocked, maybe even worried, when Billy crosses the busy street.
- When Mandy saw Billy crossing the street while the traffic light says "Don't Walk", she has eyelashes.
- This episode is seemingly inspired by a well known Twilight Zone episode, "A Most Unusual Camera", in which a camera can develop pictures five minutes into the future, sometimes revealing the grim fate of the photo's occupants.
- The eye doctor looks similar to Stu Pickles from Nickelodeon's series, the Rugrats and his voice sounds similar to Raj from another Cartoon Network show Camp Lazlo right before he got released in 2005 despite the fact that Jeff Bennett voiced them both.
- When Grim fixes Billy eyes the second time, and Billy sees Grim, Mandy and everything around in fuzzy lines, it is the style of another Cartoon Network show Ed, Edd n' Eddy.
- The third time Billy's eyes are fixed he sees Grim, Mandy, and the surroundings in an anime-esque style. Mandy is even drawn with a nose and speaks the phrase "His eyes aren't fixed yet" in Japanese.
- The forth time Billy's eyes are fixed he sees Grim and Mandy as happy characters from the 1930s in a happy-go-lucky themed background. It makes 2 similar references to Disney's most popular cartoon series, Mickey Mouse and Nickelodeon's series, Spongebob Squarepants because of the bubbles in the background.
- When Billy chases Mandy and Grim with the scythe, the chase scene resembles the famous chase scenes on Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?, there is even a brief laugh track after the chase scene.
- Horrible Futures Billy saw:
- Irwin crashes himself while riding on his bike.
- Pud'n gets crushed by an elephant.
- Mandy's head is on a table like a doily (later revealed to just be her costume)
- The episode's concept is very similar to "Sore Eyes", an episode of Cartoon Network's other show Dexter's Laboratory, in which both episodes are about a redheaded boy who has trouble with his eyesight, but after a laser eye surgery, he starts to see something utterly disturbing, and ends with one of the most disturbing pieces of imagery known to man.
|The image gallery for My Peeps may be viewed here.|