|Keeper Of The Reaper|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Writer|| Richard Horwitz
C. H. Greenblatt
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||January 13, 2006|
The Love that Dare Not Speak Its Name
Keeper Of The Reaper is a double length episode and is the third episode from the sixth season of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
- Story by: Richard Horvitz & Kristen Lazarian & C. H. Greenblatt
- Storyboard by: C. H. Greenblatt
- Directed by: Eddy Houchins and Juli Hashiguchi
Harold announces he has been transferred at work, meaning Billy and his family will be leaving Endsville. Billy attempts to take Grim with him, but Mandy stops him. As neither of them can agree who will get custody of Grim, he suggests they settle the dispute in Underworld Court.
In court, which is overseen by Judge Roy Spleen, several witnesses are called, including Irwin, Jeff the Spider, Lil' Porkchop, Mindy, and Mandy's mom and dad. The proceedings are constantly disrupted by jury member Fred Fredburger, who irritates Spleen with a barrage of random questions and statements. After a musical interlude involving the whole courtroom, Spleen tries to settle the dispute while Fred is in the toilet. After very brief closing arguments, Spleen asks the jury to vote for either Billy or Mandy, but a tie-break ensues (due to one jury member eating another), leaving Fred Fredburger as the tie-breaker juror.
After Spleen explains the process to Fred, he asks him to vote for either Billy or Mandy. Fred simply answers "yes", which Spleen interprets as Fred saying Grim shouldn't be separated from Billy or Mandy as it would destroy their friendship, "their most personal possession", which causes Spleen and the rest of the jury to break down crying.
As a result, Spleen rules that Billy and his family be placed under house arrest and never be allowed to leave Endsville. The episode ends with Billy, Gladys and Harold sitting in the remains of their half-destroyed house as a guard keeps watch over them.
During the end credits, Fred Fredburger brushes his teeth and goes to bed. But it turns out he is actually in the Pale Ghoulish Juror's house, who asks Fred "How many times do I have to tell you this is MY HOUSE?!!"
|The image gallery for Keeper Of The Reaper may be viewed here.|
- When Billy calls Irwin as a witness, he says that he was in the shower and he is naked, but he takes his glasses out and puts them on.
- In the episode, Mandy sings. But unlike "Billy and Mandy Save Christmas" and "My Fair Mandy", she does it at a normal pace and doesn't have to smile.
- The final episode begins with an extended version of Phillip and Claire's scene, where they reveal that their fear of Mandy is why they're rarely in any episodes and then start making out.
- When Spleen asks the jury who they vote for, three jurors vote twice, and three others don't vote at all.
- Fred Fredburger: F-R-E-D F-R-E-D-B-U-R-G-E-R! Yes!
- Grim's lawyer: Today's trial is custody battle. Make it ugly. Really Ugly. Ugly... Like that guy. *Heinously ugly juror starts crying*
- Judge Roy Spleen: Not a wedding? Oh, well. You're the judge. (Bailiff Fly corrects him) What do you mean, I'm the judge?!
- Billy: Your Royal Heinieness!
- Mandy: I second that emotion.
- Spleen: Both of you shut your dirty pieholes! You will follow the rules of the Underworld Court, or so help me.... I will make you sit in the chocolate pudding chair! The stains will never come out of your clothes!
- Irwin: You want the truth? You want the truth?!
- Mandy's Father: When Mandy was born, wolves came to raise her as one of their own. Sometimes I wonder if we were right to stop them.
- Mindy in the witness box: She walks around being all prose and ugly and everything... And doesn't even apologise for it!
- Spleen: Who let this baby up here?!
- Grim in Billy's fantasy: Gimme a banana!
- Gladys: I love my life! I love my life! I love love my life!!
- Judge: And it's official that. (juror eats one of Billy's jurors) It's a tie, oh that's just great, because now that means that guy is our tiebreaker (points to Fred)