|Irwin Gets a Clue|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||June 24, 2005|
|Paired with||Jeffy's Web|
Irwin Gets a Clue is the 4th episode from season 5 of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
After seeing Billy, Mandy and Grim battling a strange creature, Irwin again feels rejected by Mandy. Hoss Delgado, spectral exterminator, appears to help Mandy destroy the monster. Delgado decides to have Irwin as his sidekick and train him to be "cool" to win Mandy's love. Irwin gets an attire like Delgado's, and attaches an egg beater to his right hand. Delgado releases a monster so Irwin can fight it and impress Mandy, but he is humiliated anyway. Mandy tells Irwin he is just a nerd, and Billy tries to assure him that being a nerd is not such a bad thing after all. Irwin then walks away until Mindy (who's riding in her bicycle) trips him and he gets injured really badly.
- Story by: Zena Wyss, Jim Schumann
- Storyboard by: Jim Schumann
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Sue Perrotto
|The image gallery for Irwin Gets a Clue may be viewed here.|
- Yogi Bear, Boo-Boo, Secret Squirrel, Snagglepuss, and Huckleberry Hound make cameo appearances as victims of Hoss Delgado's driving.
- At one point in the episode, Hass Delgado says, "no one is born cool, except this guy" and points to a picture of a mysterious old man in his car visor.
- When Billy screams after seeing the second monster, his hat comes off and his hair has disappeared. This mistake also happened in Recipe for Disaster.