|He's Not Dead, He's My Mascot|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||April 1, 2005|
|Paired with||Hog Wild|
The Secret Snake Club
He's Not Dead, He's My Mascot is the 16th episode from season 4 of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
When Billy and Mandy's school is preparing for a big game, Mindy entrusts the care of the school's mascot, Fluffy Cat, to Billy, to protect him from being kidnapped by the rival team, the Booty Heads. At Billy's house, Fluffy Cat is a disaster, so Billy's mom throws him into the basement, where the cat gets inside Grim's trunk, absorbing its powers. A giant Fluffy Cat appears just before the game wreaking havoc as it spits out a furious Mandy who says, "This is why I hate cats".
- Story by: Alex Almaguer
- Storyboard by: Alex Almaguer
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Eddy Houchins, Phil Cummings, Juli Hashiguchi
|The image gallery for He's Not Dead, He's My Mascot may be viewed here.|
- It is revealed that Mandy hates cats.
- FOURTH WALL BREAK: When Mindy approaches Billy and Mandy with the Fluffy Cat mascot, Mandy expresses her distaste for "another episode about pets," prompting her to literally walk out of the frame, saying, "I'm out of this cartoon. Let me know how it goes." Billy nervously asks Grim what to do now, to which an unseen Grim replies over a studio PA that he's "not in this scene."
- Sometime later, Mandy is watching on a television the scene in which Billy and Grim resurrect an older Fluffy Cat, presumably backstage in a studio, hence the dressing room door on the far right that has a star with her name on it.