The Delightful Reaper is a one-time villan who was only seen in the TV special The Grim Adventures of the Kids Next Door.
The Delightful Reaper was created by an accidental fusion of The Delightful Children From Down the Lane and Billy in a Delightfulization Chamber with Grim's scythe and Harold's lucky pants (the lucky pants are lucky because they are immune to lasers, supernatural energy and mustard). As Billy mistakes the chamber for a bathroom, he walks right inside of it. The Delightful Children try to pull Billy out, but he activates a switch in the chamber, which causes the chamber to smoke. The Delightful Children and Billy all started to scream as lightning in the machine flashes, transforming them into skeletons. Grim's scythe then shines and the machine explodes. Minutes later, the Delightful Reaper is born. A giant grim reaper-like figure that looks similar to Grim but wearing the lucky pants and its face features the disembodied skulls of everyone it has assimilated. At the beginning of its creation, it consisted only of Billy and all 5 of the Delightful Children, but soon started to grow as the Delightful Reaper began assimilating everyone else beyond. Numbuh 2 was the first victim to get assimilated.
The Delightful Reaper tries to gain power by unleashing waves of energy to assimilate other kids (from both the shows Kids Next Door and The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, as well as several more Cartoon Network shows); in doing this, The Delightful Reaper gains more power and gets closer to its goal of world domination. Each victim's skeleton skull is added to the Delightful Reaper's hoodie when they get assimilated, eventually making up a giant face that looks almost identical to Grims, with all of them talking in unison, exactly like how the Delightful Children speak.
However when The Delightful Reaper assimilates Mandy, it is taken over by her evil power and the face morphs to look like her face (In a similar way to how she took over the Brain-Eating Meteor after her brain was eaten).
Billy's dad then appears, demanding the return of his lucky pants, and leaps to the height of the giant monster's waistline, pulling off its pants and rendering it vulnerable. The Delightful Reaper is then destroyed by Grim and Numbuh 1 hitting it's weak point and releasing the children it assimilated. As the Delightful Reaper explodes, several characters from other Cartoon Network shows are seen flying out of it.
The Delightful Reaper is made up of:
- Billy (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- The Delightful Children From Down The Lane (Kids Next Door)
- Numbuh 2 (Kids Next Door)
- Irwin (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Sperg (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Pud'n (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Tommy (Kids Next Door)
- Mindy (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Nergal Jr. (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Pandora (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Numbuh 14 (Kids Next Door)
- Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)
- Deedee (Dexter's Laboratory)
- Mandark (Dexter's Laboratory)
- Adam Lyon (My Gym Partner's a Monkey)
- Mac (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
- Goo (Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)
- Andy Johnson (Squirrel Boy)
- Eddy (Ed, Edd n Eddy)
- Mandy (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) Only by fusement by the reaper giving her control of it.
- Unnamed Background Characters (Kids Next Door)
- The Lucky Pants (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Grim's scythe (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
- Presumably virtually all of the Earth's Human population.
- There was one part where the Delightful Reaper says to Billy, "Would you stop that!? Oh, I wish I've never assimilated you in the first place!", in which really Billy was not assimilated. He was part of the Delightful Reaper when it was first formed.
- When the Delightful Reaper was defeated, many Cartoon Network characters were seen flying out of it. Which means, the Delightful Reaper has assimilated all those characters including Dexter, Deedee, Mandark, Adam, Andy, Mac, Goo, Blossom, Bubbles, Buttercup and Eddy. Which means, all the worlds place's from all the different Cartoon Network shows including Peach Creek (Ed, Edd n Eddy's home town), the Foster's Mansion (from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends), Charles Darwin Middle School for animals (from My Gym Partner's A Monkey), unknown areas (from Squirrel Boy), The City of Townsville (The Powerpuff Girls' home city), Genius Grove (Dexter, Dee Dee, and Mandark's home town), Endsville (Billy and Mandy's home town), and Sector V of the KND are all in the exact same world but in different locations. This may prove that Codename: Kids Next Door, Billy and Mandy, Ed, Edd n Eddy, and all the rest of the Cartoon Network shows may take place in the same universe. Although this would be the only time Squirrel Boy make a crossover cameo with Billy and Mandy and the KND until the "O.K.K.O: Let's Be Heroes" episode "Crossover Nexus" premiered in 2018.
- As we know, characters from other Cartoon Network shows were shown popping out of the Delightful Reaper imply's that they gotten assimilated into it, even though they were not shown on screen getting assimilated into the Delightful Reaper.
- The last characters the Delightful Reaper assimilated were the pilots of the M.A.N.D.R.O.B.O.T., which were Numbuh 3, Numbuh 4 and Mandy, the latter of which took over as the main host.
- When the Delightful Reaper went through Endsville, several characters from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Codename: Kids Next Door were seen all around, including Tommy Gilligan about to fight Sperg when he was bullying Pud'n, and two groups of girls at a playground fighting over which doll, Rainbow Monkeys or Sassy Cats are better. Before the Delightful Reaper assimilated them all. When the Delightful Reaper rise up in the playground laughing, if you look closer, the familiar unnamed Codename: Kids Next Door characters skulls are in the Delight Reaper, which they already gotten assimilated as well.
- When more and more kids (including many of the characters of Cartoon Network) started to get assimilated into the Delightful Reaper, their skeletal versions of their faces all started doing the same thing the Delightful Children themselves do, talking together at the same time (Billy commented on how difficult it is).
- Whenever someone gets assimilated into the Delightful Reaper, their clothing and footwear are left behind (but not their hair, glasses, caps, bows, or headgear). However, once the Reaper disassembles, all of its victims are shown fully clothed, implying that the previous predicament was done simply for dramatic effect.
- The Delightful Reaper is very similar to Alpha from the second Cartoon Network crossover special, Ben 10/Generator Rex: Heroes United.
- Strangely, the DCFDTL and Sector V's skulls are shaped like Grim's head when inside the Reaper, whereas the other characters retain their head shapes.
- There is a concept art picture where the Delightful Reaper is drawn without the lucky pants.