|Attack of the Clowns|
|Series||The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy|
C. H. Greenblatt
|Cartoon Network US Premiere||October 29, 2004|
|Paired with||Complete and Utter Chaos!|
A Kick in the Asgard
Complete and Utter Chaos!
Attack of the Clowns is the 7th episode from season 4 of The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
After Billy wakes up from another nightmare involving clowns, he is more terrified than ever towards them, so Mandy and Grim try to cure him of this clown-a-phobia. First, Mandy asks Grim to bring to life a clown's head made on paper mache to entertain Billy, but the spell apparently doesn't work. Then, they dress up as clowns in an attempt to look harmless. However Grim gets fed up and simply picks him up and starts shaking him, ordering him to stop being afraid of clowns. Going into his happy place he consults with his imaginary "Inner Frat Boy" who changes his feeling from being afraid to being angry at clowns, and attacks them with Grim's scythe. In the end, Billy is apparently cured of his fear, but then the paper mache clown attacks and eats them. Fortunately the clown has a balloon animal body and they're perfectly fine, but now they all hate clowns.
- Story by: Gord Zajac, C. H. Greenblatt
- Storyboard by: C. H. Greenblatt
- Art direction: Rae McCarson
- Directed by: Shaun Cashman, Phil Cummings
- When Mandy asks Billy who told him Tangelos keep clowns away, as the tangelo man walks away the sign that says "stay in school or else" the word 'stay' disappears and the font changes so it says, "in school or else."
- The title of the episode is a reference of the Star Wars movie "Attack of the Clones"
- The form which Mandy and Grim refer to the fear of clowns is clown-o-phobia; however, the actual term of this is coulrophobia.
- The regular end credit music is replaced by Billy repeatedly yelling "DESTROY US ALL!"
- When Mandy says "Don't fear us We're here to make you smile." she sounds a lot like Yumi from "Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi".
- Ironically, Yumi and Mandy are both voiced by Grey Griffin.
- When Grim tries to use a spell to give life to the clown head, he uses the words "Mama-say mama-saw mama-coosa!", which originated from a Michael Jackson's song of the same name.
- Billy says the word "crap" in this episode: "Holy crap they're still here!"
- Grim mentions that before being with Billy and Mandy he had a carriage drawn by 400 fiery horses, this being a reference to the carriage of death with which he is represented in many urban legends in real life.
|The image gallery for Attack of the Clowns may be viewed here.|